Tuesday, June 8, 2010

My "Game Room"

My family and I purchased a new house in August of last year. I was just getting into collecting arcade games and I only had one game at that time, so a large finished game room/basement wasn't in the front of my mind when looking for a house. Fast forward to present day: the house we bought is a nice size (4 BR, 2.5 Bath) with a nice size yard (1/4 acre) for my family and I. The one complaint is the small-ass finished "game room" area. It seems like the builders just threw together a small finished area with the leftover space off of the garage. The house is only 10 years old, so it's not like everything was retro-fitted- it was actually planned in the build. So off of the attached 2-car garage is my carpeted "game room" with a total square footage of 132 sq. ft.!!! What a waste. To rub it in even more, the laundy room behind the game room is 225 sq. ft. They actually made the laundry room larger than the game room?!?! For now, I'm stuck with my 11 x 12 ft. area to stick a few games in. The rest will stay in "my side" of the garage. Down the road, the plan is to bust out the walls between the game room and laundry room and have a finished game room in the neighborhood of 12 x 26 ft. Hmmm... how many games could I fit in a space that size... carry the one...

No comments: