Sunday, June 13, 2010

Sold the Dynamo

I've been emailing back and forth with a local guy who was looking for another Dynamo cab. I picked up the huge-ass Dynamo below and planned to make some type of rotary joystick JAMMA cab. It came with Ikari III: The Rescue in it (horrible game) and that prompted me to pick up more PCBs that use the rotary joysticks. Unfortunately, Ikari III is a horizontal game and my favorite rotary joystick game of all time is Heavy Barrel, a vertical game. I suppose it wouldn't take much to rotate the 25 inch monitor that was in it, but the cab was a bit beat for my tastes. So I stripped the joysticks, Ikari PCB and marquee for a future rotary joystick game project. Even stripped of these parts, it turned out to be just what this guy was looking for. He came by today and we crammed this 350 lb. cabinet into his dad's old Toyota RAV-4. What an adventure that was! We ended up fitting it and he drove away happy. The monitor was crisp and probably ended up being a pretty good deal for him at $100.

I picked up a Heavy Barrel PCB, bezel and marquee a few months ago. I'm now on the lookout for two more vertical PCBs that use the rotary joysticks: SAR - Search And Rescue and Time Soldiers. I might even tear my P.O.W. cab apart for this project...

No comments: