Monday, June 21, 2010

Father's Day Arcade Work

Besides the great gifts and time spent with the family on Father's Day, wifey decided to let me do what I wanted- work on my arcade games! I spent about 4 hours in the garage yesterday doing a little bit of this and a little bit of that.

First, I cleaned up my red tent. It looks nice, but I'm not declaring it "game room ready" just yet. I'm waiting on some new plexi for the instruction cards, looking for 1 button of the correct color and I might remove the control panels and re-paint them. There is a bit of rust where you would rest your palm.

Next, I began transferring my Time Pilot from its current cabinet to my Tri-Sports cabinet. The Tri-Sports is in a Centuri cabinet (used to be a Vanguard) that is in much nicer shape than my Time Pilot. I removed the entire Time Pilot harness, power supply, monitor and coin door and installed it in the Tri-Sports cabinet. I now have an empty Centuri cab with a G07 monitor that will be perfect for a 60 in 1 multigame.

As part of the Time Pilot restoration, I removed the old, beat up control panel overlay and prepped it for the new overlay installation. After scraping, sanding and using Goo Gone, it is now down to the bare metal and ready for the new cpo. I am using a bootleg cpo until I can find a NOS cpo. I think the bootleg one is pretty cool:

I also plan on putting new t-molding on it- I haven't decided on the color yet. Down the road will be the side art as it has not been reproduced yet. I have a very nice marquee and an average bezel installed. After the cpo is installed, I'll cap the monitor and it will be "game room ready."

No comments: