Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Time Pilot memories...

What great memories this game brings back for me. It reminds me of my youth, tagging along with my dad to his weekly bowling league night. He would bowl, I would play video games. I'd be out of quarters in no time and run back to my dad- he'd give me a couple more bucks and tell me to, "Make it last!" Well, Time Pilot was one of the games where I would "make it last." I could make it to the flying saucers regularly and (if I brought a friend that night) my buddy and I would go back and forth trying to beat each other's score. Even though Time Pilot is not a highly sought after arcade game by most, it was for me. This is what collecting arcade games is all about for me- the memories. So late last year, I picked up a Time Pilot for $125. The control panel is hacked to hell and the cabinet needs some work but the monitor and pcb function just fine. Since I picked this up, I've been slowly accumulating parts for it- NOS joystick, bezel, control panel overlay, coin door, etc. I am also in the process, with a few other KLOV members, of recreating the side art. I hope to have this one restored and in the game room by the end of the summer. The side art will come later...

No comments: