Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Time Pilot Problems

Well, I got a chance to dig into my Time Pilot a bit more in the past few nights. There was a problem with the old joystick (so I thought)- when moving the joystick to the left, it would have no effect to your ship onscreen. I thought this was simply a joystick problem since the old joystick was a Happ Universal stick that had been slapped on there. It was rusted, the microswitches were beat, etc. I bought a converted Time Pilot control panel (converted to a Gyruss) off of a KLOV member because it had a Monroe joystick in it. The Monroe is the "official" joystick that came with Time Pilot. I was really excited to find the control panel for the price- the Monroe stick alone was worth it! So I plugged the panel in and still no movement left. Dammit. I checked from the leaf switch to the board and I have continuity every step of the way. I then switched another direction with the left direction and still no left movement. I posted for help on KLOV and a few of the guys are pretty sure it's a board problem. Dammit again. So now I can troubleshoot the board on my own, I could send it to someone to fix, or I can buy a new board- none of which I am thrilled about!

No comments: